There’s an interesting piece in the Sunday Business Post today by Michelle Devane, ‘Secrecy sells at the top of a market’, where she talks about the off-market property scene in the Dublin 4 area. Of course, this is happening nationwide and it is not just a recent phenomenon, this has always been the preferred method of selling property in Ireland. It is not always possible but it is usually preferable.

Off-market sales, cash purchases and lack of a national property price register in Ireland has distorted media commentary in the past so it is great to see the off-market purchases being acknowledged publicly.

There are many reasons for off-market sales, financial distress, marital breakdown or a change in personal circumstances to mention but a few. Buyers should not be put off pursuing alternative routes to finding their ideal home or investment. Remember, as a rule of thumb, only approximately 70 per cent of AVAILABLE property at any given time is marketed publicly through estate agencies, the remaining 30 per cent is off-market may be found through a variety of sources, ranging from insolvency practitioners or probate solicitors to exiting investors. Savvy buyers hoping to land a bargain in the current climate will find it necessary to cast their nets a bit wider than the local auctioneer’s window or daft.ie!

If you are having troubling finding the right place at the right price, speak to one of our buyers brokers on 01 4428 035 or email info@buyersbroker.ie.

Until next time,
Carol Tallon

As Featured In:

[gs_logo]
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!