Update on our blog post on the 14th October, http://188.8.131.52/~hearmero/buyersbroker.ie/blog/?p=348:
On Thursday 18th November 2010 at the New Grange Hotel, joint agencies Lisney and Smith Harrington Estate Agents successfully sold three discounted properties on behalf of Meath County Council.
The houses were originally acquired by the local authority by Compulsory Purchase Order more than five years ago to facilitate the building of the sacrilegious part of the new M3 motorway.
With more than 100 people in attendance, 13 bidders went head-to-head to compete for the bargains.
The auction line up was as follows:
1. Five- bedroom detached home at Balreask New on one acre AMV €190,000 – €240,000 achieved under the hammer
2. Three-bedroom semi in the same area on .75 acre AMV €160,000 – achieved a mere €91,000 on the day
3. Two/three-room detached house at Ardsallagh on 0.5 acre AMV €100,000 – auction postponed
4. 0.4 acre site with burnt out remains AMV€50,000 – failed to attract any bids in the auction room, despite a low reserve
5. Four-bedroom house on .75 acre (with self-contained unit) at Roestown AMV €230,000 – €345,000 achieved at auction
There can be no doubt that auction rooms are where the best deals will be found for the foreseeable future. The auction bargain of the year goes to the purchaser of a 1,400 sq ft town house in need of renovation, in the beautiful village of Graguenamanagh, County Kilkenny who secured the substantial property for €36,000! Buyers, get comfortable with the auction process, you will need to be a position to compete.
Contact us for a list of Auction Tips and information about attending and bidding at auction on firstname.lastname@example.org.